|What will you get as an aupair?|
Below are some conditions that generally apply. You should clearly communicate with your host family/agency exactly what you will get as an au pair.
- Free private bedroom and board
- Weekly allowance
- You may get full or partial assistance for medical insurance, language school, airfare and use of family car depending on your target country and host family
- Paid vacation - depends on your target country and host family
Your responsibilities as an aupair?
Below are some general duties of the au pairs. You should clearly communicate with your host family/agency about what your duties will be.
- Taking care of the children, drive them to and from school if needed, feed them, prepare meals for children and play with them
- Light housework such as cleaning up after children, doing children's laundry, going shopping, vacuuming children's rooms, making children's beds
Remember that as an au pair, you will be treated as a part of the family. Being open, treating each other with respect and honesty are the most important elements to make it work for both parties. When you have any concerns or questions, you should communicate them to your host family. Flexibility and willing to help families raise their children in today's busy world are also very important to establish a working relationship with your host family. Don't hesitate to ask the potential families the details of what they expect from you before you accept any offers. You can also ask them for references from previous au pairs if they had one before.
How does it work for the families?
Welcoming an au pair to your family can be a great experience as a host family. It's an opportunity for the children to be exposed to a new culture and language. Your au pair can teach the children about his or her own culture and the world. By using the netaupair.com, you can easily locate the right au pair for your family and start a rewarding experience.
Your responsibilities as a host family?
Below are some general conditions that a host family provides for the au pair. These conditions may be different depending on the country and au pair agency.
Can I request a specific nationality?
- Providing free private bedroom and board for the au pair
- Weekly allowance
- Partial or full cost of the medical insurance, language school tuition and airfare depending on the country, agency or contract
- If the au pair is needed to drive the kids to school or any other activities or running errands, gas must be paid by the host family as well as the car insurance and maintenance expenses of the car
- You are not responsible for au pair's long distance phone bills
Certainly. However, the more flexible you are in your requirements the more au pairs you will be able to select from. It is best to indicate your preferences, but allow your placement coordinator to refer the best candidates for your position.