Register for free
Create your au pair profile so that families can find you and notify you of their interest in you. Simply register for free as an AuPair by clicking AuPair registration
NetAupair will send you your password to the email address you specify in registration. You will use your email address and password to sign in each time you visit NetAupair. You can change your password or your email address at any time under the "My Account" menu at the top of every page.
Once you are signed in, you may click "My FastMatch" located under the "My Account" menu at the top of every page. FastMatch will match your profile against all family profiles in the database and provide you with a list of families that meet 90 percent or more of your preferences.
Notify Families of your interest
You can notify a family that you are interested in them by adding them to your Hot List and the family will receive an email with your profile details. The Add to My Hot List button, found below every family summary that shows up in your search or FastMatch results.
If you have any family profile open, there is a link in the Action Items section on the left-hand column that says, "Add to Hot List". When you click on either the "add" button or the text link, the family will be notified of your interest in them by receipt of an email with your profile summary.
Use your Hot List
Your Hot List is a powerful tool that allows you to manage your list of favorite families and communicate with them via auto-responses and group email functions. Your Hot List also allows you to see which families have added you to their Hot Lists.
Become a Member
When you find families that you are interested in, it would be to your advantage to pay to become a Member in order to obtain the contact information for all families on the site. Being a Member allows you to quickly and easily take control of finding the right family for you. The membership fee for 90 days is US$120 and the membership fee for 30 days is US$60. The 90-day membership is actually more economical in the long run as it works out to be only $40 per month.
Note: If you cannot afford to pay for a membership, then you can continue to notify families that you are interested in them by adding them to your Hot List. Interested families will respond and Member families will be able to contact you directly. You are not required to pay to be part of the site.
Select your Family
Once you've made contact with several families, determined your visa requirements, checked their references and decided on the family you wish to work for, be clear about your expectations, salary, timing, etc. and come to an agreement with your chosen family.
Tips for a successful relationship with your host family
- Make sure that you are clear about your schedule and responsibilities and are in agreement with the family’s expectations.
- Remember that attitude is everything to a potential family. A family can train for skill, but it is difficult to train for attitude.
- If your are uncomfortable with something, be sure to approach your host family openly, and communicate your feelings respectfully. Most families will appreciate this and respect you more for responsibly confronting the situation.
- This job is all about making a difference, spreading joy and delight, allowing others into your heart and lending a helping hand. In the process you will experience many new people and places; learn and grow on many levels. It's what you bring to the experience that counts.
- Being appreciative and doing things without having to be asked are two simple qualities that make a great aupair.